Friday 30 July 2010

Accrington to home

An odd day. Shorter than usual and odd to be cycling some of the roads we know. Iain (from Alton) joined us from Longnor and shared 3 of the toughest hills we've done. Training in the peaks has been useful! For those that know it, we cycled from Longnor along to Onecote and then on to Ipstones. There were a couple of "all out" hills in there.

We then came into Alton. The photo below says it all. I'm very grateful to the people who stood out in the rain to welcome us (and I understand to Judy for organising it). I suspect I didn't get over how welcoming and uplifting sight it was. To all of the kids (I won't name them 'cos I'll mis one of them out .... many thanks - you helped a lot).

Bath has been had. Beer in hand (thanks to whoever bought those!), newspaper bought and other than the need to clean and lube the bike (chain fell of 3 times today) a quiet evening is planned.

Again, thanks to everyone who clapped us in to Alton.





Brendan

No comments:

Post a Comment