Sunday 1 August 2010

In okehampton


Day 8 done.  124.5 miles.  The first 78 miles on the a38 were hard on the mind.  Not much to look at or distract thoughts. 

As we got near to and then entered Devon the scenery lifted the spirits.  An inspiring moment came as an older Guy joined us for a few miles.  We were going a fair clip at the time...about 18,19 mph into a wind.  Chatted away and just before he left he casually mentioned he was 79 tomorrow!

The last 20 miles were hilly.  Hardly any flat, just steep up and downs.  A taste if what tomorrow will bring.

Most texts ask "how are your legs?".   In general they are stronger than when I started.  They're just very tired after halfway each day.  My knees hurt at night but free up in the day.  Yesterday I was particularly saddle sore...wincing with pain.  Today was better.  The most pain today came from my triceps ... should have done some weight training.

Food is another big topic....I know my blog posts are like Jamie goes cycling.  Today I ate... 2 bowls of cornflakes, a banana, and croissant for breakfast.  I had the massive carvery for lunch.  During the ride I ate 4 energy bars, a banana and a peanut butter sandwich.  I am now eating pate starter followed by lasagne and chips.  I've drunk 6 liters of energy drink and a litre of recovery drink.

And that lasagne has arrived.  Thanks for everyone's messages....tomorrow lands end.


Brendan

Location : Sourton, Okehampton, Devon EX20 4LY,

Posted via Blogaway on phone....please forgive typos.

No comments:

Post a Comment